Home Forums Quick start present yourself Hello from the United States

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    briwoolery
    Participant

Hello, my name is Brianna Woolery. I grew up in Warner Robins, Georgia, U.S.A but currently reside in Ghent, Belgium. I don’t necessarily recommend visiting my hometown as it is a military air force base and very boring…but Atlanta, Georgia, where I completed my bachelors degrees in Chemistry and Mathematics, is an interesting location to visit. There are a variety of different foods you can try, parks to visit, and is home to the largest aquarium in the United States. It is also home to the Coca-Cola Headquarters, where I worked in the Research and Development Center for Packaging Materials after completing my undergraduate degree. I worked on projects that developed recyclable and sustainable packaging products, including the design and implementation of the attached caps that are on all soda bottles in the EU as well as successfully creating usable bottles out of recycled PET. Long term, I would like to continue researching and developing more sustainable, eco-friendly materials in either the Food and Beverage Industry or some adjacent industry. Being able to understand the physics behind the materials you use can help you alter that material or perhaps combine it with other materials in the hopes of making things cheaper, stronger, more recyclable, and overall offer a higher performance. I hope in this course to further my understanding of how materials interact at the microscopic level to then recognize how those behaviors influence the overall qualities of the materials.

bryanpiguave
    Participant

Hi Brianna,
    Nice to meet you. It is quite interesting to read several applications of materials design in the industry. I am also eager to deepen my understanding of materials from a microscopic point of view. Let me know if you want to share thoughts about further research.
    Best,
    Bryan

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top